Autumn’s here now, and we bet you all fancy a cosy cuppa to usher in the season. But wait; do you desire extra flavours with your standard cup of Percup Coffee? Today, we’re sharing not one, not two, but three delightful autumn coffee recipes to help you snuggle up and savour every sip, whatever the time of day.
Disclaimer: We at Percup understand taste preferences; these recipes are what we like, and if you want to tweak this or that, go for it.*
Number 1. Pumpkin Spice Latte - An Unbeaten Classic.
- 50Ml of El Salvadoran PerCup, the biscuity/honeyed notes should pair with the all-important
-100g pumpkin steamed until tender, then blend until smooth).
200 ml hot water (Approx. 80ºC).
1 tsp ground cinnamon.
-1/2 tsp ground ginger.
-1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg.
-13/100 tsp ( 1/2 g ) ground cloves per 1 serving.
2 - 3 tsp sugar-free vanilla syrup.
200 ml semi-skimmed milk or dairy-free alternative.
2 tbsp lightly whipped cream (optional).
- Small pan/ pot
- Milk frother(something like the Sage Barista Express Impress can do the job.)
- Small grater
- 2 glasses to serve
- Brew the coffee by combining your Percup Coffee with 200 ml hot water with a ratio of 1:15 (coffee to water). So, for a 200ml French press, you’ll need about 13g of coffee.
- Add the freshly brewed Percup, unsweetened pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and sugar-free vanilla syrup to the small pot on medium heat. As it heats, whisk constantly until all ingredients are fully incorporated in a brown, sweet-smelling blend of everything to come. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Pour the mixture into your cup and top up with frothed milk.
You can benefit from any dairy or plant-based dairy version for this. However, some plant-based dairy alternatives might take longer to froth.
- If you’re adding whipped cream, spoon the whipped cream on top and grate a few bits of nutmeg. Serve immediately. You’re going to want to; it’ll be delicious.
You get the smooth, honey aftertaste with Percup’s El Salvadorean augmented with warm, inviting, spiced blends in this pumpkin latte recipe - cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Easy stuff to make and savour. You can use dairy-free options for your vegan mates. (Vegan or not, we bet you’ll fancy more.)
A pumpkin-spiced latte really gets us in the mood for autumn. Feel the leaves brown and fall with the decorations come up as you enjoy this delicious, warming latte.
- Sip, savour, and welcome the autumn!
Number 2 Gingerbread Latte
Get in that autumn spirit anytime with this sweet and spicy gingerbread latte. It’s super simple to make at home in just 3 easy steps.
- 200 ml of freshly boiled water follows the 1 to 15 ratio we formulated at Percup. Use 13g of coffee beans for that amount. If you don’t know how much that is, the Felicita Arc Scale takes care of that for you; it’s on the Percup website waiting for you.
- 50 ml of Percup El Salvadoran Coffee, the biscuity/honeyed taste notes will come through for this sweet treat
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200 ml frothed semi-skimmed milk or non-dairy alternative (try oat milk or soya)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lightly whipped cream (optional)
- A Whisk
- A Measuring Cup
- Milk frother: if you’ve got our Bambino Espresso Machine, this is the perfect time to use that steamer for more than a frothy perk up.
- A spatula
- 2 mugs to serve
Brew your coffee, i.e. Percup El Salvadorean Coffee, in the method you like the most: Aeropress, cafetière, or espresso.
Step 2: While your coffee brews and your home smells like your favourite brew, Get your maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and sugar in a measuring cup with a splash of hot water and whisk it all up until it is a sweet-smelling, consistent, easy to stir blob.
Step 3: mix the brewed Percup with the mixture you just whisked into 2 mugs using the spatula. The combination goes in first, and the coffee is on top, so it blends more easily.
Step 4: dust with a sprinkle of cinnamon. (See below for whipped cream advice.)
Now it’s yours to enjoy with a friend!
(Optional Ingredient advice)
- A whisk (you can use earlier, saving” time and spread the mixture you made earlier around)
- a chilled bowl(as much as 6 inches/ 15 cm in diameter)
- Pour the cream into a chilled bowl and begin to whisk, moving the cream in a figure of 8 across the bowl – taking your time. The cream will bubble and thicken as you whisk.
- Once the cream leaves trails as you pass the whisk over the whole bowl, you are nearing the end. Keep whisking until the cream forms peaks that flop over (soft peaks).
- Just keep whisking until the peaks in the cream turn stiff. Stop at this point.
Number 3. Spiced Mocha - The Ultimate Autumn Indulgence
- 50 ml of PerCup espresso or your favourite PerCup coffee. Our coffee bean choice must be the House blend, chocolatey notes for a chocoholics mug.
- 240ml of milk (any type you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cloves
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for topping
- Brew your PerCup espresso or coffee how you like to, Aeropress Esspresso or cafetière, and pour it into a mug.
- While the waiting game for your coffee takes place, whisk in a figure of 8 the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and spices in a saucepan. This should be until you cannot see any cocoa chunks in the mixture.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until it’s hot and frothy. By now, the coffee should have been brewed; thus, pour it into the mug.
- Pour the spiced chocolate milk over the house blend coffee.
- Top with a decadent dollop of whipped cream that covers the mug’s rim and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings for the most packed effect you deserve.
- Get ready for a spiced-up coffee experience!
There you have it, folks - three fantastic autumn coffee recipes to make the most out of your PerCup coffee beans. Whether you’re a pumpkin spice enthusiast, a caramel apple lover, or a fan of spiced mochas, these recipes are here to brighten your fall mornings.
So, find your cosiest blanket, put on your favourite playlist, and try these autumn delights. For us PerCup crew, it’s about the love of coffee, one cup at a time. Savour those autumnal flavours with a taste we know you love already. Cheers to a cosy, caffeinated autumn!